May 13, 2010

Welcome

Greetings friends and readers, I am, as my dear friend says, the ever insolent Stewart Tris. Senior Staff Writer for the online magazine Mirror Magazine. As my friend told me that he had posted a comment for Caeseria on Staying Home And Loving It saying that the 7S South State bus with the Springfield Mass Transit District (SMTD) was being discontinued. I know for a fact of one new night service for the UIS/LLCC students of the city. This I know will be a most utilized route, alas, I also see that ALL of the current routes serviced by SMTD will either be fully modified or deleted in entirety and replaced with other, sometimes sleeker routes or by hour trippers. How does that get your boat as most of the people of Springfield use these busses to get to and from work, and without reliable transportation to and from their place of employ will indeed be iresome. And again with the MacArthur Boulevard extension to I-72 with speed limit on this extension being at 45MPH when this extension skirts within15-20 yards from a residential area laden with small children and deaf people. How do city planners and civil engineers have this kind of colossal brain fart and maintain their jobs? How also do they keep their jobs when one of the connecting streets which connects to this subdivision of children has NO traffic light? Let us also not forget the Peace Officers who repeatedly blow the red light on Ninth and Converse, some with lights and some without.

1 comment:

  1. Not that you can tell from people's driving habits especially, but the speed limit on MacArthur as it gets up near Centre St. IS technically 30 or 35, I forget which. But yes, as soon as they leave the Junction Circle stoplight, it's basically like Stanford.

    A note - black text on royal blue is really hard to read! But I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete