May 27, 2010

Summertime in the city

It looks like Sokaro took my opening line. Probably from reading too many of my submissions, alas, I digress. The city of Springfield is starting to get a lot wetter and warmer recently. For about the past few days or so we have been running our air conditioner nonstop just to keep our little 5 room apartment around seventy degrees. Thinking on this I also find myself thinking on why pools open only after Memorial Day. Why don't the pools open after the first three days of eighty degree temperatures? It would bring in more money for the pools if they were open and less people complaining about the heat. Another thing that tells us the summer is here is all the high school kids leaving school a full hour early three days in a row. Exam time is here again for the students!! I can remember fourteen years ago, (Yes, I know that places my age) when I heard exam time for the eighth time (Senior year finals). The only thing on my mind in that sixth final exam wasn't the formulas that my teacher was looking for, it was on heading out the double doors of SHS for the last time as a student and the first time as an alumni. I wonder if the feeling has changed over the decades?

1 comment:

  1. I love the hour early dismissal - for the Early Childhood pm class, it basically means I get home from taking him and an hour later head out again. I LOVED the automated phone system calling me last night to say there was no school today - but there is Friday. Friday's their last (1.5 hour) day. What's the point? They're 3-4 years old. Just let it be summer already.

    ReplyDelete